Uddhav Bal Thackeray is the son of great leader Late Balasaheb Thackrey, Indian politician, a photographer and 19th Chief Minister of Maharashtra State. He is the president of Shiv Sena.
In this article we will look in details of Uddhav Thackeray’s career, biography, family, wife, biography, wiki and much more.
Table of contents
Uddhav Thackeray Wiki
Uddhav Thackeray was born on 27th July 1960 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His age is 50 years (as in 2020). He completed his secondary school education(SSC) from Balmohan Vidya Mandir, Mumbai. His interest was in the arts and photography so he joined Sir J.J. Schools of Arts, Mumbai and completed his graduation. After graduation, he started photography and it was his first and personal interest. He then became an author and wrote books on photography. His photography exhibition is always held in J.J. Schools of arts, Mumbai.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Height(Approx)||Feet – 5 feet 9 inches|
Meters – 1.75 m
Centimeters – 175cm
Family, Caste, Wife & Children
Uddhav Thackeray belongs to the Chandraseniya Keyastha Prabhu Caste(CKP). He is the youngest son of a great leader, politician, speaker, and founder of Shiv Sena Balasaheb Thackrey and Meena Thackrey who was a housewife. His grandfather Keshav Thackeray aka Prabhodhankar Thackeray was an Indian Social Reformer and prolific writer.
He has two elder brothers named Bindumadhav Thackeray who was also photographer and businessman, died in a car accident on 20th April 1996, and Jaidev Thackeray. His uncle’s name is Shrikant Thackeray, a younger brother of Bal Thackeray. Raj Thackeray (son of Shrikant Thackrey) founder of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena(MNS) is the cousin of Uddhav.
Uddhav’s wife is Rashmi Thackeray who is a businesswoman and Shiv Sena Woman wings member. They were dating from their college and got married on 13th December 1988.
He has two sons, Aditya Thackeray who is President of Yuva Sena (Shiv Sena Youth Wing), MLA and Minister in Maharashtra State Assembly, and younger son Tejas Thackrey who is a photographer like his father.
Uddhav’s interest was in photography and he did not want to get involved in politics. But then Balasaheb was looking at the parties alone and he needed support. So he decided to enter politics at the behest of his mother Meentai Thackeray. In 1994 before the Maharashtra State election he joined his father and started going to the party’s meetings. He was a very silent and calm person so at initial days no one knew that he is the son of Bal Thackeray. He joined the youth program, protest with his cousin Raj Thackeray. In 1995 Shiv Sena did well with the BJP alliance and the first CM of Shivsena was elected.
After working with ground-level politics and as a member of Shiv Sena, in 2002 he started his official political career. He was appointed as a campaign in charge of Shiv Sena in the Brihan Mumbai Corporation (BMC) election. In 2003 BMC election party performed very well and his work and dedication came to known everyone.
In late 2003, he was appointed as the working president of Shiv Sena. After that in 2006, he took over the charge of Chief Editor in Saamana a Marathi newspaper. In 2019 before taking oath as a CM he resigned from the Chief Editor’s post.
In the 2019 Maharashtra State Assembly election, Shiv Sena contested election with BJP and alliance(NDA). In result, BJP was the number one party and Shiv Sena was after that, after result outs Shiv Sena demands that they want equal seats (as a minister) and high level ministry department. Shiv Sena also proposed that they will share CM post for two and half years. BJP leaders said that there was no such commitment between them and after all this drama they got separated and Shiv Sena moved out from NDA alliance (In central too).
Uddhav then made a bold decision and joined the alliance with Sharad Pawar and Sonia Gandhi. The alliance formed by Shiv Sena, NCP, INC were called “Maha Vikas Aghadi”. On 28th November 2020, he took oath as a 19th Chief Minister of Maharashtra at Shivaji Park, Mumbai.
Currently, he is the MLA in State Legislative Council.
Uddhav Thackeray Biography
|Full Name||Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray|
|Date of Birth||27th July 1960|
|Age||60 years(as in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Address||Matoshree, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Profession||Politician, Photographer, Writer|
- On 1st October 2016, the mocked cartoon on Maratha Community was published in ‘Saamna’ and ‘Dopahar Ka Saamna’ newspaper. For that Uddhav had to publicly apologize for this incident as he was Chief Editor of Newspaper and protested from the Maratha Community against him.
- During the BMC election, Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam targeted Uddhav and Raj Thackeray and said, “North Indians could bring Mumbai to halt if they chose to”. In answer to that On 24th October 2011, Uddhav threatened Sanjay Nirupam and said that he will break his teeth if he called something about Mumbai.
Uddhav Thackeray Speeche/Bhashan
Uddhav is very silent and calm person but when he campaign for election his speeches are so harsh and energetic that his followers always support him. During this pandemic situation he tried to get daily update over the situation. He guides the people and always request them how to prevent during this pandemic. Enjoy some of his speeches and live videos.
Before someday he interviews Saamana with Sanjay Raut where he talks about the current situations and how his team is handling it. Enjoy the interview here.
Facts About Uddhav
- Uddhav Thackeray is a professional Arial and Wildlife photographer.
- He also likes to play badminton and cricket.
- Uddhav started an agency called “Chowrang” before entering politics. But it doesn’t go well and he closes down that agency.
- Like his father and party’s principal Uddhav also wants to work for Marathi people and he always says so in his speeches. He is not interested in National politics.
- Due to some internal differences, in 2006 Raj Thackeray left the party and formed his own Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) party.
- Uddhav is a good photographer and writer too. He published two photo-book “Maharashtra Desha” (2010) and “Pahava Vitthal” (2011) on the occasion of “Pandharpur Wari”.
- On 16th July 2012, he was having chest pain and admitted to the Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. He underwent an angioplasty and all the three blockages in his arteries were successfully removed.
- He continuously working on COVID pandemic situations as Maharashtra is on top of the list.
- Uddhav lives in Matoshree, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and Shivsena head office is called Shivsena Bhavan.